Two post-doctoral associate positions – 1) Cartilage Regeneration & Osteoarthritis and 2) Cancer Basic or Translational Research, Boston University – Dr. Bais Lab
Two post-doctoral associate positions available at Bais Lab related to 1) cartilage regeneration and osteoarthritis 2) cancer basic or translational research
Location: Boston University, Bais lab.
Excellent opportunities for candidates to learn and apply innovative thinking in target focused research with cutting-edge tools including signaling pathways to translational animal models. We are interested in candidates having related expertise in one of the 2 areas.
Project 1: Cartilage regeneration, osteoarthritis, tissue regeneration: The goal of this project is to identify cartilage regeneration or protective agents, and biologics for preclinical and clinical application.
Project 2: The goal of the study in NIH funded grant is to evaluate 1) the role of Lysine specific demethylase 1 (LSD1/KDM1A) in squamous cell carcinoma of oral cancer and other cancer types, 2) chemotherapy and immunotherapy combination for future therapeutic applications. The project is in continuation to published studies PMID: 35105672, DOI: 10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-21-0310 and PMID: 29088714, DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.19637
PhD, DVM or MD in cancer biology, epigenetics, immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, Biotechnology and relevant fields
Project 1 and 2:
- RT-qPCR, Western blot, signaling pathways analysis, lentivirus, Adeno or AAV mediated transduction, CRISPR/Cas9, cell culture, primary cells handling, tissue regeneration, stem cells and immunophenotyping
- Knowledge of proteomics, genomics and single-cell RNAseq analysis are useful but not required.
- Multi-color flow cytometry and histology expertise are preferred
- In vivo mouse handling, tissue dissection, genotyping, histology, and histopathology, Xenograft, orthotopic, and immuno-oncology mouse models
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic and positive team player.
- Strong publication record from previous studies.
Please send a resume and letters to email@example.com. Available immediately.