Center for Skeletal Research Core small grants (up to $2,000 direct costs only) will be awarded for the purpose of obtaining critical preliminary data for an upcoming grant submission. Funds must be used for CSR Core services.
Please contact the respective Core Director(s) to discuss experimental design prior to applying.
Full and Associate CSR members are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to early career CSR investigators. Members in training may apply to generate preliminary data for an independent (non-mentored) proposal. In the latter case, a letter from the current mentor must be included, confirming that these studies are to support the applicant’s proposal for independent funding. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed the first week of each month. Notification of funding will be on/before the 14th of the month.
Applications must include:
- NIH style biosketch with other support pages.
- Title, Specific Aims, funding deadline (must be within 6 months), agency to which grant is being submitted and type of proposal (R21, R01 etc)
- A brief description (300 words limit) of the experimental plan and why the investigations to be supported by the Core grant are critical for the grant proposal.
- For post-docs, a letter from the current mentor must be included indicating:
- the studies proposed are unrelated to the mentor’s investigations
- the studies proposed will support funding for the applicant’s independence
- plans for the applicant’s transition to independence.
- Budget, based on consultation with relevant Core director(s).
Please submit application as a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line must include last name, first initial, Core Grant
Eg: DoeJ Core Grant